Today I’m finally done testing and am ready to write my review of Feel Social.
When I first started testing Feel Social I thought it would be a quick and easy product review. I had seen software like it before. When someone sends your fan page a message it responds with an automated message. Its a good idea, but its nothing new, and also its easy to test. It either works or it does not. However once I began to dive into Feel Social I realized it was much more than that. Sure Feel Social does allow you to send out an automated response to anyone who messages your fan page, but it also has a ton of additional functionality that honestly I did not expect to see.
So what kind of functionality does it have? Well in essence it is a full featured autoresponder, complete with auto response messages, message sequences and broadcast messages. And of course its complaint with Facebooks rules and allows people to unsubscribe automatically when the send you the message “UNSUBSCRIBE”. There was a lot to test which is why this review came out late, and frankly I cant possibly speak about all of the features here because this review would be 10 pages long. But I do want to explain how it works quickly:
To start with people need to send your fan page a message. There are a couple of ways you can get people to do this. You can run an ad, you can make a post and tell people to ‘message us for more information’ or you can even put a Facebook messenger button on your website (using the code snippet they provide):
Once people send you a message you can then reply with an automated message back to them. This is the Feel Social equivalent of a ‘welcome email’. After that, what you do is up to you. You can feed them into a timed / automated sequence that you have set up, you can send them broadcasts. In essence it becomes esentually like any email service, only your using the Facebook IM platform instead of emails. Your messages can have text, images, links, and graphics in them as well.Each fan page that you have can have its own setup and in essence becomes its own list (allowing you to segment by interest and niche).
Now you might be thinking to yourself. Why would you want to use Facebook Instant Messenger as an autoresponder? Well first of all if your just getting started because its completely free. But even if your established and have an email list there are many reasons:
- For starters since this is not email there are no ‘can spam’ rules which is why you can get people into your list just by having them message you (though they can opt out as per Facebooks rules).
- Also because this is not email there is no 3rd party service (Yahoo, gMail etc) deciding that they might not want to even deliver your message. Facebook delivers 100% of the messages sent to 100% of the people who are suppose to get them every time. Now that does not mean people will actually notice or read your message (just like Email) .. but with Feel Social you can at least know that your message is not being blocked before it even gets to the intended viewer.
- With its huge user base there is a massive audience of people you can get on your lists. People from all walks of life interested in every niche imaginable are on Facebook.
- Dont forget about the mobile app! Facebooks mobile app has over 900 million users. This means you also have the potential to send your message right to peoples phones in a very prominent way that cant be missed. (this is a powerful thing for marketing but don’t abuse it)
- There is no monthly fee, no on going cost at all. Facebooks IM service is free and the Feel Social platform is a low one time price
These are just some of the reasons that Feel Social and the ability to your Facebook Instant messenger like a traditional email platform is a powerful thing. There are many others and many advantages. Would I use this only and forget email? Probably not. However while this probably wont replace Email marketing it for sure can be as powerful as it (without the ongoing cost).
As I said when I first started writing this review. I thought this was going to be a simple system that sends auto response messages. But boy was I wrong. Instead this is a powerful software with a lot of potential for the smart marketer. In fact I’m going to come right out and say it: I’m impressed!
Bonus: Feel Social is cool enough on its own, and well worth the very low price the vendors are asking but I wanted something a little extra for my readers. The product vendor provided me with a very cool bonus pack for anyone who picks up Feel Social though my link!
Click here to get Feel Social and these special bonuses (I added the bonus access right inside of JVZoo) !
A quick note about the reviews on this site: I am an affiliate for every product I review. The vendors of these products give me them without charge in order for me to test them. However all my reviews are done as honestly as possible and I make no promises to the vendor prior to writing my review. Should you click a link on this site that takes you to a paid product this link will be an affiliate link and I will be paid a percentage of the sales price should you decide to purchase that product.